#SummerizeYourLegs Twitter Party Rules
#SummerizeYourLegs Twitter Party Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU (“ENTRANT” OR “YOU”) AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Twitter is not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
1. Eligibility. The #SummerizeYourLegs Twitter Party Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who have a Twitter account, and are eighteen (18) years of age or older (19 or older in AL and NE) at the time of entry and who receive an invitation to enter. The Twitter party invitation is public through the RSVP landing page, http://cbi.as/o8jvj, which is on the SoFab Chats proprietary Twitter party platform which is shared out to the public about the Twitter party. SoFab Chats is owned and operated by Sponsor. An email is also sent out to the Sponsor’s private Social Fabric community alerting them of the upcoming Twitter party and the opportunity to participants. An entrant will then go through the RSVP landing page on the SoFab Chats platform to participate in the party. Employees, officers and directors of Collective Bias, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Energizer Personal Care, LLC, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, promotion and advertising agencies, as well as members of the immediate families (spouse, biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to participate. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void outside the fifty (50) United States/D.C. and where prohibited. If you do not have a Twitter account, it is free to create one at www.Twitter.com.
2. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
3. Entry Period. Except for the Early Bird entries, i.e. people who respond and say that they are participating in the Twitter party prior to the start of the Twitter party, the Sweepstakes begins at 8:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 22, 2014 and ends at 8:55 pm ET on July 22, 2014 (“Entry Period”). Prior to the start of the Entry Period, following the first distribution of invitations for the Twitter party (see party details below), there will be an “Early Bird Period”, during which eligible persons who RSVP’d prior to July 22, 2014 will have an opportunity to win the “Early Bird Prize” described in Rule 5, below, by retweeting a phrase that will be provided on the party page (http://cbi.as/o8jvj) along with the hashtag #entry. Sponsor’s clock is the Sweepstakes’ official clock.
4. How to Enter. In order to be eligible to participate, you must first RSVP to the invitation you received for the party at #SummerizeYourLegs party by logging into http://cbi.as/o8jvj via Twitter. Once you are on the site, you may enter for a chance to win a prize by clicking the button on the #SummerizeYourLegs party page (http://cbi.as/o8jvj), and participating in the party by “tweeting” during the party on the topics presented in the party, following @SweepTight, @thedomesticexec, @AThriftyDiva, @agirlsgottaspa, and @JManMillerBug, and by using the hashtag #SummerizeYourLegs and the hashtag #entry. Your tweet, once received by Sponsor, will constitute your “Entry” for purposes of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole and absolute discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules, or that it is inappropriate for inclusion in the Sweepstakes or for public viewing.
5. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) and Odds of Winning. Early Bird Prize. One (1) Early Bird Prize will be awarded. The prize consists of one (1) $50 value Walmart gift card. Sweepstakes Prizes. Five (5) $100 value Walmart gift cards will be awarded during the 55- minute duration of the party on July 22, 2014. Total ARV of all prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is $550. The Early Bird Prize winner will be chosen in a random drawing from among all eligible entrants who RSVPed prior to the start of the Entry Period and retweeted a phrase provided on the party page along with the hashtag #entry. All other winners will be chosen in random drawings conducted at pre-selected times during the Entry Period from among all Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules within the five (5) minutes preceding each drawing. The drawings will be conducted by Sponsor. If the Early Bird winner does not respond to @JManMillerBug as of 8:45 pm ET on July 22, 2014, a new Early Bird winner will be randomly selected and announced during the party. Winners, including the potential Early Bird winner, must be present and participating in the party using the hashtag #SummerizeYourLegs at the time that they are drawn as a winner. Odds of winning the Early Bird prize are dependent on the number of eligible entrants who RSVP’d during the Early Bird Period in accordance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of Entries received prior to each drawing and the number of entrants participating as described above at the time of each drawing. All winners will be notified via Twitter @ message by @JManMillerBug during the Party on July 22, 2014 and must respond to @JManMillerBug within 5 minutes of being selected to claim their prize. Failure to comply may result in forfeiture of prize.
a. All prizes are non-transferable; no cash redemptions or substitutions allowed except as provided herein or at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Prizes consist only of the items described above. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
b. There is a limit of 1 (one) prize per household. Prizes will be shipped within approximately 4-6 weeks following the end of the Sweepstakes and the verification of the winners. Each gift card is subject to the terms and conditions set forth on the gift card and to all terms, conditions and policies of the issuer. Each gift card is redeemable for merchandise only and will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. Each gift card will not be replaced or replenished if it is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without your permission and will be voided if altered or defaced. Winners are responsible for all income taxes on prizes.
6. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES (DEFINED BELOW), THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW). Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails or notifications resulting from any cause, including but not limited to any form of active or passive filtering, insufficient space in user’s e-mail account, or any changes to entrant’s Twitter account after entering the Sweepstakes or any issues relating to the functioning of Twitter. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Energizer Personal Care, LLC, Twitter, their respective affiliates and related companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, use or misuse of a prize (if applicable), participation, or inability to participate in Sweepstakes, any Entries or any Sweepstakes-related activity. Releasees are not responsible for printing errors or for lost, late, unintelligible, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or garbled Entries or any other documents. Releasees are not responsible for any: (a) telephone, computer, hardware, software, programming or interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, network malfunction, or other technical or human failures or errors, or failure to properly process Entries; (b) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that impair the conduct of the Sweepstakes, failure to submit Entries or other disruptions related to Internet traffic, virus, bug, or non-authorized intervention; or (c) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer by reason of entering this Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical or electronic. Releasees shall not be liable to any entrant or any other person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities or Twitter (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
7. Governing Law: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN.
8. Consent: UNLESS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT CONSENTS TO THE USE OF HIS OR HER NAME, LOCATION, LIKENESS, IMAGE, ADDRESS AND/OR PRIZE INFORMATION and/or Sweepstakes Entry for promotional and other purposes (including without limitation, commercial purposes) without payment, except where prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail regarding the Sweepstakes.
10. Miscellaneous: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated prior to the stated end date/time of the Entry Period, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners in the manner described herein from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time/date of termination. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and to void all associated Entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the Twitter account associated with the Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a Twitter account by Twitter, who is responsible for assigning all Twitter accounts. Any false information provided within the context of the Sweepstakes by any entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, ownership of right or any other non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate disqualification of the entrant and elimination of the Entry from the Sweepstakes.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Sponsor reserves the right to take such action as it deems necessary to enforce these Official Rules and ensure the fair operation of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation barring entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules.
11. Winners’ List: For the names of the prize winners, print your name and full postal address on a 3"x 5" card or paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: #SummerizeYourLegs Twitter Party Winners List, c/o Collective Bias, 205 S. Main Street, Bentonville, AR 72712. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes end date (listed above) and requests must be received no later than August 31, 2014. Requests will be fulfilled after all winners have been verified.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with Twitter or Walmart Stores, Inc. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter.
Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by Collective Bias, Inc., 201 S. Main St., Bentonville, AR 72712. Energizer Personal Care LLC is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.